5 Quick Ways to Judge Your SEO Firm
Every business needs to decide how much money to invest in their digital marketing campaign. This starts with hiring a consultant who specializes in search engine optimization (SEO). Hiring the wrong consultant can be costly. So how do you know if you are hiring a good SEO firm or a bad one? Here are some quick ways to tell.
How to Judge an SEO Agency:
- Did you call them? Or did they call you? Don’t fall for a pitch from a salesperson who reaches out to you. Instead, do your homework and find a firm that has been around and has a list of satisfied clients you can reference.
- How long was your first meeting? If everything transpired in a phone call – you’re in trouble. A reputable SEO firm will have lots of questions for you and one phone call will not be satisfactory. Successful SEO programs are completely customized to the business user, says J. Long of The Huffington Post. Thus, any proposed solutions you receive will be a long-term program geared to your industry, your competitive marketplace, your business goals, and keywords.
- How quickly will you get results? A good SEO firm will have some tools at their disposal that may return visible results in a short period of time (i.e. online listings). Beyond that however, the early stages of a mature SEO campaign require a significant investment of time and money with very little payoff. Getting to page 1 of Google for the exact key terms you want to be found for is a long-term investment. The good news is that once those results begin to happen, (6 – 12 months down the road) they don’t just go away. Done properly, SEO for your business will remain strong long after the initial months of hard work are completed.
- Did they offer a guarantee? Unfortunately, is you were offered any sort of guarantee you should be suspicious. No good SEO firm can guarantee your results. Instead, they can only predict outcomes based upon their experience with similar clients.
- How much will it cost? A good SEO firm will be preparing the groundwork for your online improvement over time, according to Jayson Demers of Inc. Jason describes a number of SEO payment models. But in all cases, he points out that choosing an SEO agency based on low cost is a great way to overpay in the long run.