A Simple Website May be All You Need.
Sometimes what you need is plain and simple.
There are a number of website development platforms available these days and we've researched them all. We've chosen Squarespace as our website development partner of choice for a number of our website clients. With this platform and our professional graphic design team and services, you get the best of all worlds. We will design a functional, beautiful website for you that you will be able to maintain yourself going forward.
What is Squarespace?
Squarespace is a high quality content management system-integrated website builder, blogging platform, and hosting service.
The reason we like Squarespace:
- Easy access: Once designed, we can give you access to your new site before it goes live.
- It’s user-friendly. Your website is a living thing and will often need updating. This platform has a very easy edit interface that allows you to make those changes without having to know code.
- It’s all-inclusive. With this solution, you don’t need to track down a hosting site or buy a domain name. A custom domain name and hosting service are included in your monthly plan. You can also set up a personal email address that corresponds with your domain name (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Site security, auto updates and 24/7 support. We are impressed with the support team at Squarespace and how quickly they get back in touch with email inquiries. In addition, they offer articles, videos and community forums for extra help.
- It’s affordable. Plans range from $8 to $24 a month for 500+GB bandwidth, 2+GB storage.
- It’s visual. If you want to change the header or body text styles or switch up the color for your page links, you simply log in to the backend of your site and make the changes in Squarespace's visual layout editor. Unlike other website platforms you can see the changes as you're making them.
Some drawbacks of Squarespace:
- There are fewer custom features for clients needing more complex website builds.
- There is a small disadvantage in SEO for businesses in highly competitive online searches.
- Squarespace does have a history of short-periods of down-time. That means that occasionally their servers are down which means that your website will be down as well. Usually these are brief, lasting just few minutes or so. However, if complete website uptime is of important to you, this is a consideration worth noting.
In the end, what matters to us is your satisfaction. Your website is just one part of your complete digital presence so making it as simple, and yet as effective as possible, matters to us because it matters to you!