Google's Pigeon Update and Small Businesses
The new Google "Pigeon" algorithm is carefully aimed at brick and mortar businesses.
If you're business has a physical location - Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure your business is registered with Google.
- Make sure your business is registered (with exactly the same information) on local search directories like Yahoo!, Yelp, Merchant Circle and LinkedIn. "Pigeon" is using this information to determine your 'worth'.
- Make sure you have your business registered on all available social media sites.
- Use social media sites to increase your online footprint. Engage customers on social sites and post daily.
- Optimize your website using Google's SEO Guidelines.
Want to know more? Send us your questions!